Partnerships in Education and Resilience (PEAR) is a Benefit Corporation spinoff from The PEAR Institute at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School launched in 2020. PEAR creates and fosters evidence-based innovations in social-emotional development (SED) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in educational settings. PEAR provides trainings and assessment tools that inform educators about program quality, youth social-emotional development, and academic engagement. PEAR’s work bridges research and practice so that all young people can learn, dream, and thrive.
Our team members have a passion for improving the lives of children by increasing their opportunities for success, both in and out of school. We are guided by evidence and work to connect education, youth development, and mental health as thought leaders in the field. We are committed to reducing inequities in the lives of young people, their families, and their educators. Reflecting the broad diversity of our community and supporting an inclusive culture are essential to our mission of helping all young people thrive.
As the Manager of Strategic Alliances at PEAR, you’re an accomplished professional in the education field with a passion for SEL and mental health. You’ll work to build a portfolio of partnerships with schools, OST programs, youth-serving organizations and other groups interested in PEAR’s services. Innovative and enthusiastic, you have experience creating smart, thoughtful partnerships that focus on common impact and you are able to initiate new relationships as well as managing relationships with current partners. This is a high-level position reporting to the CEO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sales and Product Management:
- Develop an organization-wide marketing strategy and plan with specific goals
- Provide market and competitive insight and knowledge as part of the overall strategic planning
- Use understanding of the market to inform the development and refinement of PEAR’s marketing tools and materials
- Provide creative and strategic vision for product launches and marketing campaigns
- Establish and maintain sales and expense budgets
- Establish appropriate pipeline reporting and KPI’s
- Establish and adjust product pricing as needed in conjunction with cross company input
- Identify new product opportunities
- Identify conferences and other professional opportunities and venues and create plans for outreach and public presentations.
- Value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and youth leadership
Client Development and Management:
Research, identify and land new clients and partners, including school districts, afterschool programs and other appropriate youth organizations across the US.
- Make presentations to potential clients about PEAR’s service delivery models, and system innovations at the local and state level.
- Perform pre-contract work with clients, identifying services that match the needs of clients and creating scope of services in collaboration with PEAR’s CEO.
- Coordinate the follow up response to potential clients with PEAR’s Client Relations Team.
- Develop and manage relationships and communications with strategic partners and clients.
- Present new PEAR services and tools to existing clients.
- Participate in regular meetings with clients to build relationships, discuss delivery of services, improve communications, and set expectations with the goal of maximizing long-term opportunities and strengthening commitments for continued partnerships.
Develop and Manage PEAR’s Ambassador Program
- Recruit and train ambassadors
- Provide ambassadors with relevant PEAR product materials and marketing communications
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in education, Business/Management or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in a leadership role in education or related field.
- Must have a documented track record managing the development or growth of business, service delivery or program innovations.
- Must be highly strategic and able to cultivate opportunities in ever-changing settings and service delivery environments.
- Must have high-level problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt responses flexibly and creatively.
- Must be a highly effective communicator and presenter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to differentiate and convey information in a clear, concise manner to customers, sales force, and others.
- Proven leadership and supervision of staff. Must be able to mentor and manage ambassador team.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact successfully with customers, ambassador team, management, and staff.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication and administrative purposes.
- Setting: Remote work until June 2021 (return to office pending state health guidelines)
- Travel required: Some travel required (may conduct in-person meetings, pending state health guidelines)
- Physical requirements: None
- Hazards or weather exposure: None
- Supervise PEAR ambassadors (number TBD)
- Maintain sales and marketing budgets
Salary Range: 70,000-80,000
The above is intended to describe the general conditions and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required.
It is the policy at PEAR to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.